how we work
Over the years we have always remained driven to offer our clients both a full range of top quality accessories as well as a full range of fitment options.
At R & D Offroad we have two different departments catering for all our clients specific needs. R & D Offroad is renowned in Cape Town for its 4×4 accessory fitment experience and has been in the industry since 2003.
We aim to turn vehicles around between 1 and 5 days in this department. We have two very experienced 3 man fitting Teams who specialize in ALL the 4×4 accessories available in South Africa.
Our normal process is as follows:
- Clients calls the shop or pops in and has a coffee.
- You get to meet one of experienced sales Team members who then consults with the client finding out their exact requirements.
- We then offer, to the best of our knowledge, all the pros and cons of the products we have at our disposal that will fulfill the clients requirements/needs.
- After choosing the best fit for purpose we then compile a detailed quotation of the parts, labour, courier and consumables.
- On acceptance of the quote and deposit paid; the vehicle is either delivered or collected on the allocated day.
- Fitment takes place – our sales staff are happy to communicate during this process on Whatsapp if the client want progress reports or a few photographs. (Remember, abusing this offer will negatively affect fitment time!)
- Once the vehicle is complete; the fitter and salesperson will check the job.
- On collection of the vehicle the sales consult does a thorough hand over ensuring the client is happy with the job.
- We then do our utmost to call all our clients during the following 30 days to ensure the vehicle is still performing well.
Most of our clients accessorize their vehicles over a long period of time as their needs change or budget allows, this works very well for us. It means we get to see our clients regularly and in doing so can share new tips and tricks along this journey.
Some of our most popular fitted items include the following: Battery Systems, Solar Upgrade, Suspension Upgrades, Roof Rack, Fuel Tanks, Front and Rear Bumpers and Under Body protection.